- Siemens Competition
- Neuroscience Research Prize
- Regeneron Science Talent Search (STS)
- Molloy College Annual Science Fair
- Long Island High School Psychology Fair
- Toshiba Exploravision Competition
- Dupont Challenge Competition
- LISEF / NYSSEF / ISEF Competitions
- MIT Think
- Publisher Poster Board Templates
- PowerPoint Poster Board Templates
Download and complete the following using the Siemens Competition link. Also complete all sections/forms as listed below:
- Siemens Competition Checklist
- Determine the category to which your research report belongs
- Supplemental Form
- Research Report (18 page maximum)
- Executive Summary Outline
- Qualification questions for Vertebrate animals/Human subjects (if applicable)
- Mentor Form (get signed as soon as possible during the summer)
- Purchase 3 writeable CDs
- Register online: http://www.collegeboard.com/siemens/registration.html. You need the following information to register:
- Name, address, home telephone number, cell phone number, and email address (NOTE: all team members’ information is also needed)
- Date of birth
- Official high school name, address, telephone number, and principal's name
- Mentor's name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Permission to release information concerning future educational and career opportunities
Once the registration is reviewed and submitted, a Confirmation Page immediately appears online. It lists all the registration information submitted by the individual or team leader.
*******Print the Confirmation Page******* - review it for accuracy, and use a pen to make any corrections directly on the printed copy. This is your original copy.
Signatures are required from (otherwise your paper will not be accepted for review):
- Each student participant
- Parent or guardian of each student participant
- School administrator of the individual's or team leader's high school
- Siemens Competition 2010-11 Research Project Instructions
- Mentor Form (.doc)
- Mentor Form (.pdf)
- Supplemental Form (.doc)
- Supplemental Form (.pdf)
Apply for the Neuroscience Research Prize by clicking on attached link http://www.aan.com/science/awards/index.cfm?fuseaction=awards.neuroscience&id=11
If your work involved human subjects or animals six questions must be completed using the following linked forms: http://www.aan.com/science/awards/index.cfm?fuseaction=awards.neuroscience&id=11
You must upload an attachment of your (Do NOT Complete without Ms. McCalla’s review of your work):
ii. Research report
Seven questions must be answered about the scope and depth of your participation in this paper/submitted research project using the following linked form: http://www.aan.com/science/awards/index.cfm?fuseaction=awards.neuroscience&id=11
The entire application is digital. You must log in and create a user name and password to view any of the handouts/forms listed below or review a sample application at the Intel STS website Online Entry System.
Complete Entry Form page 7/ Part IIa- Supervising Scientist Form. Your mentor MUST sign, date, and answer all of the questions (#1-6) on Entry Form page 7. He/she will receive a username and password to complete this form after you have submitted their name and email address on the Intel Recommendation website.
Molloy College Annual Science Fair
Each submission requires a completed set of forms as listed below:
Application page 1: http://faculty.molloy.edu/djackson/fair/application/9th.fair.app.1.pdf
Application page 2: http://faculty.molloy.edu/djackson/fair/application/9th.fair.app.2.pdf
Application page 3 (needs a mentor signature if hazardous biological agents were used):
To complete the preliminary application and view past project winners’ click on the following link: Application
Complete the Acknowledgement Form provided in the attached link: http://www.longislandpsychologyfair.com/how_to_apply
Write a one-page Project Description follow instructions on Project Description Sheet.
Note well: the Project Description must be submitted both via email (in a Word file .doc) and regular mail (via Ms. McCalla). The name of the emailed file should be your initials followed by an underscore and the project title - for example, "MG_Two Views of Leadership, One Doubtful Scale."
- Toshiba ExploraVision is completed separately, then must be uploaded to the Toshiba ExploraVision website using the following link: ExploraVision Entry Process link (below)
- Your paper must be uploaded to the site using the following outline: ExploraVision Sample Entry Kit link (below)
- Your web graphics must be uploaded to the ExploraVision simulated web graphics form: ExploraVision Entry Form 1link (below)
- Exploravision Entry Process
- Exploravision Sample Entry Kit (.pdf)
- Exploravision Entry Form 1 (PowerPoint Slide)
Complete the essay then you must complete the online application using the following link: DuPont Challenge Entry Form (below)
Follow guidelines for entry submission.
Upload essay title, essay, and bibliography (use MLA format) - separately into each respective section on the DuPont Challenge Entry Form.
- The International Rules and Guidelines for Science Fairs is available on the Society for Science and the Public website: http://www.societyforscience.org/Document.Doc?id=10
- Decide on a category for your project participation using the website: http://www.societyforscience.org/Page.aspx?pid=470
- The RegeneronISEF Rules Wizard (required for all projects prior to experimentation/data collection): http://apps.societyforscience.org/isef/students/wizard/index.asp
- All forms identified by the Rules Wizard are located using the following link: http://www.societyforscience.org/isef/document
- The Regeneron ISEF Human Subject Risk Assessment Guide:
- The Regeneron ISEF Self-Assessment for Bio-Safety Level 2:
- Regeneron ISEF SRC and IRB Guidelines:
Three copies of the research paper, three copies of all forms and three copies of the Rules Wizard print out must be handed in at Round 1 of LISEF. This includes copies of one complete set of any consent forms used for research involving Humans. Students failing to submit three copies of all their required forms and research papers may fail to qualify.
- Assemble THREE sets of your paperwork as described below:
- Place your ISEF forms together in the order in which they appear in the ISEF Rule Book.
- Place the updated LISEF Abstract (page 23 ISEF Rule Book for directions for completing the abstract) on top of the Forms. The ISEF Official Abstract Form is no longer available on their website. Include Student (s) name and title of project; do not include the name of school.
- Place copy of Rules Wizard recommendations on top of Abstract.
- Staple the pages of the research paper together.
- Clip the packet of forms on top of the research paper.
- Place the forms and research paper in a 10” X 13” flapped envelope.
- Use PORTRAIT orientation to place the following information in the upper RIGHT corner of the envelope:
a. Student Name
c. Table Assignment (posted on the LISEF website prior to the fair)
d. Liaison Name (Ms. McCalla)
e. Liaison Phone and Email [(516) 203-3600 x3618; firstname.lastname@example.org]
The research paper, 1 complete copy of all forms and one copy of the Rules Wizard print out must be handed in to Ms. McCalla, not later than Jan. 26th. This includes copies of one complete set of all consent forms used for research involving Humans. All forms identified by the Rules Wizard are located using the following link: Rules Wizard
- Completed application/ registration form http://www.mittechfair.org/think/THINK_Application_2011.pdf
- Information Release Form: http://www.mittechfair.org/think/info_release_form2011.pdf
- Two additional essays
- Adult Sponsor/Mentor form (in a sealed envelope): http://www.mittechfair.org/think/adult_sponsor_form2011.pdf
- Research Report (10 page maximum, single spaced)
- Research Form (if applicable, if hazardous chemicals or vertebrates were used) http://www.mittechfair.org/think/research_forms2011.pdf
- Application Submission Checklist form: http://www.mittechfair.org/think/THINK_checklist_form.pdf